Friday, February 29, 2008

No Debate No Vote

I’m sick of the liberal media. I am sick of the Republican establishment that lost Congress in the last election. I am sick of John McCain’s liberal tendencies. I am sick of John McCain ducking debates. I am sick of Sean Hanity and Rush Limbaugh espousing conservatism then ignoring arguably the most conservative of all the candidates, Mike Huckabee.

I am a social conservative, economic conservative and a national security conservative and I am totally disgusted with the lack of debate in this year’s election process. I was excited when Newt Gingrich talked about Lincoln-Douglas style debates and what we got was sound bites and no real substance. Now, there are only two Republican candidates running, we get no debate because the moron Republican establishment and liberal media decided to do everything in their power to silence Mike Huckabee and coronate the moderate John McCain.

Republicans have wasted an opportunity to redefine itself and to return to its conservative values. It’s pretty damn sad when over a third of the base has been so shut out that they don’t even want to vote. The argument that somehow that the lesser of one evil is better then two evils isn’t much of an argument, is it? I thought I would never say this, but I am seriously considering sitting out this election. I am sick of this BS called a Presidential campaign.

When John McCain and the Republicans get trounced in the general election, conservatives will be blamed for the loss because they sat home. You know what, they will be right. The reason Republicans and McCain will lose by a landslide is because conservatives sat at home. The lesson learned will be if you ignore and silence conservatives during the primary campaign then don’t expect their vote during the general election.

Remember the tripod of modern conservatism, social, economic and national security conservatism. Try to ignore the largest block of the leg, social conservatives and see how many elections you win.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.