Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Huckaboom Scrutiny

As a supporter of Mike Huckabee, I think the scrutiny of his record as Governor of Arkansas is warranted and justified. It's important that the American people are able to explore the full extent of a candidates record and ask some really tough questions about their records, positions and actions. I think Governor Huckabee should explain his rational for all the pardons and commuted sentences. He should have to explain why he raised taxes or his position on illegal immigrants.

I also think that he should have the opportunity to fully explain his record and have thoughtful people carefully consider and evaluate his answers. So far, his explanations have been reasonable and as a social and fiscal conservative I can continue to support him without having to compromise my conservative principals. I can't say the same about some of the other Republican candidates. The irony is all the Republicans have many strengths and everyone of them except Ron Paul would be better than any Democrat running, but as a conservative Republican I should not have to compromise my core conservative beliefs and vote for someone whose positions I really don't support. The media pundits can not figure out why the Republican Party has not locked in on one candidate yet. The answer is because Republicans are thoughtful people and they are still evaluating who they can best support and why. Unlike modern day Democrats who simply drink the koolaid without every exploring what is in it.

Mike Huckabee and Fred Thompson are conservatives while the others may have some conservative principals, but too many liberal positions for my liking. I like what Huckabee is saying and the scrutiny of his record and his ability to explain some obvious concerns only solidified my support for him.

Mike Huckabee is a social and fiscal conservatives and his ideas are fresh and he has that Reaganistic appeal that crosses party lines. I like the sound of President Mike Huckabee.

No comments: